What is A Day With Mary?
- A Day With Mary (DWM) is a lay-driven apostolate. This apostolate organizes public days of prayer (also) called A Day With Mary (DWM). These days of prayer, are held in Catholic churches and shrines, are open to everyone and are free. You are welcome to join the event for a little while or for the whole day.
- The DWM emphasizes worship of the Blessed Sacrament and devotion to Our Lady as approved by the Catholic Church. It includes the Mass, Rosary, meditations on the Passion, Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction, processions of the Blessed Sacrament and of Our Lady, Act of Consecration, instruction in the Faith and on Our Lady in particular, hymns, a programme on the story of Fatima and periods of rest with refreshments. The Sacrament of Penance is readily available. There is a bookstall and the opportunity to enroll in the Brown Scapular (consecration to Our Lady) and to be conferred in the Miraculous Medal if one wishes to do so.
- The DWM wants to respond to Our Lady’s request at Fatima: “Jesus wishes to make use of you to make me known and loved. He wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. I promise salvation to those who embrace it, and those souls will be loved by God like flowers placed by me to adorn His throne” (Fatima, June 1917); to foster personal life of unlimited consecration to the Immaculate; to bring about the triumph of Her Immaculate Heart; to offer reparation and love to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on behalf of all souls, including the devotion of the Five First Saturdays; to offer suffrage for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, applying to them the indulgences that the Church grants for the prayers and sacrifices of this day; to call sinners to conversion through prayer and sacrifice, and to be faithful witness to the Gospel in its entirety; to foster vocations to the priesthood and to the religious life; to form holy Catholic families; to promote the harmonious integration of popular devotion with the Liturgy, according to the teaching of the Catholic Church.
- At present, the DWM in the UK is held mainly in the greater London and surrounding areas.
- The Apostolate also runs pilgrimages to the Holy Land, Fatima and Italy and organizes other activities from time to time. Details of all our activities are published on this website.
- A Day With Mary is a Registered Charity (UK), No. 1154888. The aims of the DWM Trust are:
- to promote the faith of the Catholic Church throughout the world;
- to promote throughout the world devotion to the Virgin Mary as the Mother of God.